edicion limitada

tarkus58

hola amigos tengo una softail deluxe edicion limitada y queria saber el porque de la edicion limitada,alguno de vosotros tiene conocimientos sobre este tema?un saludo desde mallorca y unas birritas claro

falta que nos digas el año si tiene "chapita numerada" o si solo el color lo es...

salu2

Suelen tener el número total de la tirada y el número de unidad que hace tú moto.
Saludos. :pillin:

Hola Tarkus58, yo tambien tengo una softail deluxe pero que yo sepa no se hizo ninguna edicion limitada. Nos podrias indicar el año y poner fotos. Gracias y un saludo.

Hola, a mí me suena que hicieron una tirada de 200 con un tipo de pintura especial para los modelos Deluxe, pero si dices que es la 53 de 150...pues entonces o estoy equivocado y eran 150, o se trata de otra cosa.
Si es lo que digo yo, era un tirada de motos con pintura especial, o bien de color o bien de diseños.

Saludos

Vaya, acabo de ver la foto de tu moto y si la has comprado así, creo que es lo que yo leí en su día: una tirada de Deluxe en las que la pintura era totalmente diferente. :complice:

sera color edicion limitada tonces... todos los años sacan ediciones limitadas de color, creo que sale la broma por 4000 leuros +-....

salu2

De la edición limitada no puedo aportarte nada, pero si decirte que la moto esta muy guapa.
Me llevo una de esas cervezas ofrecidas

Pues sea lo que sea, es preciosa... y los escapes son de serie o los has cambiado?? Son para mi gusto preciosos....

Una birra, y me la tomo viendo tu burra, que me ha encantado ;)

Vsssssssssssss

Hola!

Enhorabuena por la moto, es preciosa! Creo que la gente tiene razón, debe ser una edición limitada referida a la pintura..
De la mía -aunque es otro modelo de edidión limitada que sacaron en el 90 aniversario- hay 2700 unidades (a España llegaron 2 ó 3),y lleva la numeración en la placa negra del panel de mandos.

Hace tiempo estuve investigando el porqué del parecido entre la Nostalgia y los modelos posteriores: Special y Deluxe. Te adjunto más abajo lo que encontré en un foro americano, en el caso de que te pudiera interesar.

Un abrazo y enhorabuena otra vez por la moto! :pillin:

Historia Nostalgia 1993 - Posteriores: Special y Deluxe

Hi all FLSTN fans. I assume the original poster, Rustypedals, has moved on since he posted 4 years ago (2005).

For anybody still interested in the details, Bryceman got it right (he should, he's owned ALL FOUR examples of these bikes - cool). I've only owned TWO FLSTN bikes and it started when I tried to get the original (and only) "Nostalgia" back in 1993.

Rapid City H-D had sold both their 93 FLSTN Heritage Softail Nostalgias and did not have a build date for any more. I got myself on the list anyway and gave them my deposit.

I liked EVERYTHING about this bike. The black/white paint, the cow-fur on the seats and bags, and especially the heavy use of Fatboy parts to elevate this new model above a standard Heritage Softail Classic.

This 1993 model year was the ONLY time Harley would limit the bikes production, call it the "Nostalgia" and give it a "numbered plate" - in this case xxxx out of 2700 units. I missed my chance to own this limited edition and future collectable. But the HD dealer still had my money and my name on the list for a FLSTN.

Now for reasons unknown, but probably the original's popularity and quick sellout, Harley decided to continue the model line. This created a problem, however, since the original Nostalgia owners were told their bikes would be one year, limited and numbered examples.

Harley tried to appease these owners by changing the name of the 1994 model to "Special" and by dropping the limited-edition numbering. BUT THEY KEPT the model line designation as FLSTN.

This thinly-guised continuation of a promised "one-year-only" model should have annoyed all of the original owners of the one and only true Nostalgia. Hey, they even kept using the cow-fur seat and bag accents on the 1994s but this time in all-black vs the original black-and-white: the genesis for the nickname "Moo Glide"(only to drop fur use for 95 and 96 in favor of a 2-tone leather seat with "laser inscribed" H-D logo).

My deposit was turned in in Apr 93 and as such, when the continuation of the FLSTN was announced for 1994, I was the first on the list at the dealership that got the first bikes of every model year (Rapid City HD is near Sturgis, SD and gets the first wave of new bikes every year so they can show them off to the Sturgis crowd every August).

Therefore I got my Silver/Birch White 94 FLSTN Heritage Softail Special on Aug 10th, 1993. I did not get a Moo-Glide, a Nostalgia, or a numbered limited production bike - all that was only for the 1993 owners.

Many still call ANY of the FLSTNs the "Nostalgia" but Harley never did. The 93 is the Nostalgia, the 94-96 is the Special, and the newer ones are the Deluxe...all FLSTN but three different animals!

The 94-96 production was not numbered, but was limited in the sense that Harley built a certain number of them and not as many as the public wanted. This is similar to the Original 1990 Fatboy, a bike produced in low numbers, but not a limited and numbered model. After 1990, Harely produced as many Fatboys as needed based on customer orders.

Lastly, the Specials, unlike most other bikes in the lineup, came in only ONE two-tone color choice for each year. 93:Black on White with red pinstriping 94:Silver on White with red pinstriping, 95:Black on Charcoal with plum pinstriping 96:Silver on Dark Green with gold pinstriping.

ONLY the 93s were limited to 2,700 units. The others were produced in low numbers, probably more than the original, but certainly between 3-5,000 for each model year, as Harley tried to cash in on the new model's popularity.

The rareness on the 94-96 bikes depend on how many examples remain today in good condition, like the Silver/Green 96 FLSTN in my garage. She's held up great and looks as good today as she did rolling off the floor 14 years ago! A "Special" bike all right.

Me puedes decir que escapes son los que lleva.

La edicion limitada se refiere a la pintura. Es muy bonita. Aunque cualquier Deluxe lo es. Que voy a decir yo.

Es muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuy bonita..... Solo hay 150 con esa pinturaka.....

v´ssssssssssssssss

De la mía -aunque es otro modelo de edidión limitada que sacaron en el 90 aniversario- hay 2700 unidades (a España llegaron 2 ó 3),y lleva la numeración en la placa negra del panel de mandos.

Aqui en Tenerife he visto una igual a la tuya, si es la de la foto de perfil que tienes.
Saludos!

En efecto, tal y como te han comentado los compañeros....

No es la moto la que es una edición limitada, sino el conjunto de pintura. El primer propietario compró una Deluxe, y luego compró un kit de elementos pintados.

En los catálogos de Harley podéis verlos en el apartado "Color Shop". Son series limitadas hechas por un mismo artesano y cada año sacan diferentes versiones. Van además acompañadas por una chapa rectangular enmarcada para poner en la pared, con el mismo diseño principal y numeración.

Saludos,

Atrás